Saturday, March 6, 2010

Baby Coming Card

So my sister has a group of women she plays bunco with and they have a "secret sister" type of thing for the month of March. The women she has is pregnant and my sister asked me to make a card for her. I have never done a pregnancy card before and wasn't really sure how to do it, so I searched the internet for ideas. Not really seeing anything I was overjoyed about I decided just to wing it.
This week I got a new toy for my Cricut called the Design Studio where I can design things and cut it out with my Cricut. I LOVE IT! I decided to do a stork as a background for the card and this is the end result (after 3 or 4 tries). I wish it had turned out a little bit better, but I am still happy about it.

The two holes are where I am going to put some ribbon...but I don't have the kind I want for it so on my way to my sister's house I am going to go pick some up.
The envelope doesn't really match, but I made the envelope when I made the first card that had the same pattern, but then didn't end up liking it. I think it is still a cute pattern for the envelope so decided to keep it.
For the inside I found a cute little poem that I decided to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment