Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Family Signs

Yesterday was my sister, Kristine's, birthday and for her birthday she wanted their last name in blocks for a ledge they have in their house that is currently bare. Deciding this was a perfect time and excuse to purchase vinyl and use it with my cricut I decided to make it. Finding the best deal for vinyl wasn't too difficult since I think I am pretty decent at finding deals online. I bought the wood from Dixieline (which my Dad cut down to the sizes of blocks I needed), Robert helped me with the finishing sanding touches on the blocks and painting them, and the cricut did the cutting. Here is a picture of the final result. (The last letter missing. My Dad accidently cut one of the blocks and needs to fix it)


While up in Utah for conference I went with my friend her her mom/sisters to dinner and shopping during the  Priesthood session. Of course we had to stop off at Robert's (an arts and crafts store). And being in Utah it has WAY more stuff than Michael's or JoAnn's down here. I found an unpainted wood sign that I had actually been looking for since I wanted to do a name sign for our house. So excited, I purchased it (oh and of course they always have amazing sales during conference weekend so everything was from 40%-75% off).
Since I had to purchase vinyl for Kristine's present I purchased vinyl for me at the same time...saves on shipping costs.
Here is the final result...kind of. I am probably going to add some embellishments to it.

3 comments: